Presentation – Ch 12 – Fundraising and Development (PDF)
Fundraising 101: Rueben Mayes at TEDxWSU 2014 (16:34)
How to get Corporate Sponsors to Love You (5:06)
UK Perspective – Institute of Fundraising – Series of short videos on fundraising
Inside the Mind of the Planned Giving Donor with Russell James (Neuroimaging applied to giving) (53:19)
Planned Giving Design Center (6:30)
Video – Top 10 Fundraising Tips (50:16)
Presented by Darian Rodriguez Heyman, author, Nonprofit Management 101: A Complete and Practical Guide for Leaders and Professionals & Nicci Noble, president, Noble Services, Aug. 12, 2011.
Miscellaneous Videos by Arts Organizations
San Francisco Museum of Modern Art Groundbreaking – Jul 12, 2013 (3:06)
Philadelphia Orchestra – Thank You to Our 100,000 Facebook Fans! – Oct 18, 2014 (2:49)
Steppenwolf Theatre Company Quick History (1:04)
Link to the report Cultures of Giving: Energizing and Expanding Philanthropy by and for Communities of Color
Identity-based philanthropy is a movement empowering marginalized communities to organize giving on their own behalf to issues that they deem as most pressing. Calling today “a critical moment for the field to rise in visibility and importance,” the W.K. Kellogg Foundation released this report to document the work they have done thus far and what is next for their Cultures of Giving initiative.
Time Line of Arts Funding from the late 18th Century to the Present in America
Association for Fundraising Professionals (AFP) – Ethics
American Alliance of Museums – Ethics, Standards and Best Practices
Giving USA Reports (Free summary)
Sample Online Fundraising Campaign
Developing a Case Statement
Fundraising Effectiveness Project (AFP)
American Council on Gift Annuities
The Science of Philanthropy Initiative – Evidence-Based Research on Charitable Giving
UK – Institute of Fundraising
Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy.
Fundraising Software – A sampling
More modest costing fundraising software:
Tech Soup – Donor and Grants Management Software:
- Thomas Ahern, How to Write Fundraising Materials, Medfield, MA: Emerson & Church, 2007.
- Judy Allen, Event Planning, 2nd edition, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, John Wiley & Sons, Canada, 2009.
- Albert Anderson, Ethics for Fundraisers, Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Press, 1996.
- Laura Arrillaga-Andreessen, Giving 2.0, San Francisco, CA, Jossey-Bass, 2012.
- Ilona Bray, Effective Fundraising for Nonprofits, 2nd edition, Berkeley, CA: Nolo Press, 2008.
- Kent E. Dove, Conducting a Successful Fundraising Program, San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 2001.
- Joan Flanagan, Successful Fundraising, 2nd ed., Chicago, IL: Contemporary Books, 2000.
- Marilyn Fischer, Ethical Decision Making in Fund Raising, New York: John Wiley & Sons, 2000.
- Peter Frumkin, Strategic Giving, Chicago, IL, University of Chicago Press, 2006.
- Jane Geever, The Foundation Center’s Guide to Proposal Writing, The Foundation Center, 2007.
- James M. Greenfield, Fundraising Fundamentals, New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1994.
- Gary M. Grobman and Gary B. Grant, Fundraising Online, Harrisburg, PA: White Hat Communications, 2006.
- Mary Hall and Susan Howlett, Getting Funded — The Complete Guide to Writing Grant Proposals, 5th edition, Seattle, WA, Ward & Raby Publishing, 2011.
- Tori O’Neal-McElrath, Winning Grants Step by Step, 4th edition, San Francisco, CA, Jossey-Bass, 2013
- Dennis P. McIlnay, How Foundations Work, San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 1998.
- Henry A. Russo & Associates, and Eugene R. Temple, editor, Achieving Excellence in Fund Raising, 2nd edition, San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 2003.
- Adrian Sargeant, Jean Shang, and Associates, Fundraising Principles and Practice, San Francisco, CA, Jossey-Bass, 2010.
- Jason Saul, The End of Fundraising, San Francisco, CA, Jossey-Bass, 2011.
- Eugene Tempel, Timothy Seiler, Eva Aldrich, editors, Achieving Excellence in Fundraising, 3rd edition, San Francisco, CA, John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 2011.
- Mal Warwick with Eric Overman, How to Write Successful Fundraising Appeals, 3rd edition, San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 2013.
- Douglas E. White, The Art of Planned Giving, New York,: John Wiley & Sons, 1995.
- Craig C. Wruck, Planned Giving in a Nutshell, 4th ed, FTE Services, LLC, St. Paul, MN, 2013.
- Olivier Zunz, Philanthropy in America, Princeton, NJ, Princeton University Press, 2011.