There is a typo on page 393 in the Sidebar “Elasticity Change Formula.” In the last line, the formula should read:
% Change = P1 – Po/(P1 + Po)/2. The information in the parenthesis shows Pq when it should be P1.
Presentation – Ch 10 – Economics and Financial Management (PDF)
The Economics of Culture: Tapping into its Potential for Development (6:49)
Scarcity, Opportunity Costs, Production Possibilities Curve (14:11)
Khan Academy – Law of Demand (8:15)
Khan Academy – Law of Supply (8:23)
Khan Academy – Link to multiple videos on economics
Elasticity of Demand
Dan Ariely: What Is Behavioral Economics? (4:44)
David Throsby at Culture and the Economy, May 2012 (42:42)
The Arts, New Growth Theory, and Economic Development: Discussion & Concluding Remarks -2012 (40:44)
Finance & Accounting
Nonprofit Cash vs Accrual Accounting – Nonprofits Assist. Fund (14:16)
Income Statement Basics – What’s Behind the Bottom Line – Nonprofits Assist. Fund (8:19)
Reading Nonprofit Balance Sheets – Nonprofits Assist. Fund (15:57)
Khan Academy – Link to a series of short videos on finance and accounting
Americans for the Arts – Creative Industries
Americans for the Arts – Prosperity IV Study
NEA – Time and Money: Using Federal Data to Measure the Value of Performing Arts Activities
NEA – Arts and the GDP: Value Added by Selected Cultural Industries
NEA – Artists in a Year of Recession: Impact on Jobs in 2008 (addendum)
Creative Economy Report 2013
Finance & Accounting
Free Nonprofit Sample Business Plans
Information About the Core Inflation Rate
Nonprofits Assistance Fund – Articles and Reports
Some of the links at this website include:
- 10 Step Budgeting Checklist
- Executive Director’s Guide to Financial Leadership
- Analyzing Financial Information Using Ratios
- Balance Sheet Cheat Sheet
- Hans Abbing, What Are Artists Poor? The Exceptional Economy of the Arts, Amsterdam University Press, Amsterdam, 2002.
- Steven Adler, On Broadway — Art and Commerce on the Great White Way, Southern Illinois University Press, Carbondale, IL, 2004.
- Eric Angner, A Course in Behavioral Economics, Palgrave MacMillian, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampsire, UK, 2012.
- Karen Berman and Joe Knight with John Case, Financial Intelligence – A Manager’s Guide to Knowing What the Numbers Really Mean, Harvard Business Review Press, Boston, MA 2006.
- Richard E. Caves, Creative Industries, Contracts Between Art and Commerce, Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA 2000.
- Tim Donahue and Jim Patterson, Stage Money – The Business of the Professional Theater, The University of South Carolina Press, Columbia, SC, 2010.
- Edward Jay Epstein, The Hollywood Economist, The Hidden Financial Reality Behind the Movies, Melville House Publishing, Brooklyn, NY 2010.
- Robert J. Flanagan, The Perilous Life of Symphony Orchestras – Artistic Triumphs and Economic Challenges, Yale University Press, New Haven, CT, 2012.
- Donald C. Farber, Producing Theatre, 3rd edition, Limelight Editions, Pompton Plains, NJ, 2006.
- Bruno S. Frey, Arts & Economics, 2nd edition, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany, 2003.
- Barbara Isenberg, Making it Big — The Diary of a Broadway Musical, Limelight Editions, New York, 1996.
- David Throsby, Economics and Culture, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2001.
- David Throsby, The Economics of Cultural Policy, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2010.
- Ruth Towse, editor, A Handbook of Cultural Economics, 2nd edition, Edward Elgar Publishing Limited, Northhampton, MA 2011.
- Ruth Towse, A Textbook of Cultural Economics, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK 2010.
- Frederic Vogel and Ben Hodges, editors, The Commercial Theater Institute Guide to Producing Plays and Musicals, Applause Theatre and Cinema Books, NY, NY, 2006.
- Lynn A. Weikart, Greg G. Chen, Ed Sermier, Budgeting & Financial Management for Nonprofit Organizations, CQ Press and imprint of Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA 2013.
- Dennis R. Young, editor, Financing Nonprofits, Putting Theory Into Practice, National Center on Nonprofit Enterprise and Altamira Press, Lanham, MD, 2007.
- John Zietlow, Jo Ann Hankin, Alan G. Seider, Financial Management for Nonprofit Organizations, Policies and Practices, John Wiley & Sons, Inc. Hoboken, NJ, 2007.